Monday 9 February 2009

In memorial

This is just a quick one to pay my respects to Mr Brian Roberts, my old P.E teacher at Longendale High School who tragically died in a climbing accident last week.

He tragically fell to his death during a fairly routine climb in the Lake District, a fact made even more distressing considering he recently successfully climbed one of the hardest mountains in the world in the Himalayas.

He will be fondly remembered as one of the better teachers at the school which is a great achievement considering 99% of P.E teachers are the usual Mr Sugden from the film Kes type arseholes.

One fond memory of him I have is during a game of football he shouted that I would "play less like a bloody girl if I didn't have hair like a bloody girl."

My condolences go out to his family during this time and i'm sure many who attended Longendale High School feel the same way.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1095209_tributes_to_dead_climber#comments

No comments:

Post a Comment